A Grand Welcome
The atmosphere was electric at the Sequoia Conference Center as attendees gathered for the 2023 Annual Lincoln Reagan Dinner. MC Chairwoman Susan Moxon set the tone for the evening, warmly welcoming a diverse crowd of local Republican supporters. The room buzzed with excitement as she introduced Committee Chairs from various California counties and dignitaries from Humboldt County. Local star Sabrina Francis Gasdik led the crowd in a soul-stirring rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. The audience stood in unison as the national anthem reverberated through the venue.
A Message That Resonated
Harmeet Dhillon, the keynote speaker, captivated everyone with her compelling message. She emphasized the crucial role parents play in their children’s lives, urging them to be vigilant about their education. A key point of her message was to urge us all as parents and caregivers to pay attention to what our children are reading, the clubs they join, and the messages they receive. Dhillon also spoke about the unsettling times we live in, warning against governmental overreach and the erosion of individual freedoms. Her words left the room in thoughtful silence, pondering the call to action.
A Feast to Savor
The dinner, catered by Dorris and Daughter, was nothing short of spectacular. Guests enjoyed a wonderful spread featuring tri-tip, pecan chicken, spinach and Caesar salads, garlic smashed potatoes, and freshly baked rolls. The meal concluded on a sweet note with decadent chocolate cake and a vanilla cake roll.
A Night of Surprises
The silent auction was a highlight, featuring an array of exciting items that had everyone buzzing, including:
- Victorian Inn-Suite for one night and Dinner – Lowell and Jenny
- Dick Taylor Chocolate Variety Basket – Minnie Wolf
- Culinary Basket – Lisa Morehouse
- Limited Edition Print of Stellers Jay – Kathrin Burleson
- Garden Treasure – Shafer’s Ace Hardware
- Sequoia Tree Plague – Bay Tank and Boilerworks
- Handmade Pillow – by Louise Gabriella-Genova
- Going “Nuts” Basket – Susan Moxon
- Trump Hitch Cover – Paradise Cay Publications
- Angel of Prayers Statue – Visiting Angels
- Holy Bible – Nina Groth
- Redwood Forest Metal Wall Hanging – Lee Cunningham
- 1 Cord of Firewood – HCSO
- Desert Wine & Dick Taylor Chocolate – Minnie Wolf
- Portrait of Ronald Reagan, original painting – Dennis Crozier
- Connie Lee Original Sweater – Guy and Linda Hooper
- God and Your Brain and You Book – Nina Groth
- Wooden Flag Cutting Board – Made and donated by Rich Moxon
- Succulent Garden in Designer Bowl – Jerrie Bartley
- Handmade Necklace – Minnie Wolf
- Weber Kettle – McKinleyville Ace
- Old Growth Assorted Wines – Old Growth Cellars
- Handmade Fleece Blanket and Doggy Basket – Don and Kay Becker
- Patriotic Tote – Susan Moxon
- Vintage American Flag – Jerrie Bartley
- Hand Stitched Quilt, Old Glory – Jane Chapelle
- Hand Made Patriotic Quilt – Jane Chapelle
- North Coast Hitching Post Cottage, one night stay – Heidi Rubalcava
- A Fine Bottle of Whiskey – Heidi Rubalcava
Nina Groth was the lucky winner of the Opportunity Drawing, taking home a beautiful Adirondack Glider donated by Rich Moxon.
A Community United
Before and after dinner, the attendees had an opportunity to network and connect with each other; the venue was abuzz with conversation and camaraderie. Attendees engaged in both serious discussions and lighthearted banter, embodying the Republican spirit of community and unity.
A Roaring Success
The event wouldn’t have been possible without the tireless efforts of the Humboldt County Republican Central Committee and the Humboldt Republican Women. Their dedication made the 2023 Lincoln Reagan Dinner a roaring success, setting a high bar for future events.As the night came to a close, one thing was clear: this was not just an event but a rallying cry for community involvement and a celebration of shared values. Here’s to many more Lincoln Reagan Dinners to come!